PlaneShift for Mac 0.5.7
- Not bad
- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
PlaneShift is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
You'll also need:
|Others:||Mac OS X 10.4 or later|
PlaneShift is also compatible with
PlaneShift is also available in other platforms
Report this software
Thank you! Your feedback will help us make software better for all of us.
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Versions of PlaneShift
|PlaneShift 0.5.7 06/06/11||Free||English|
Apps & Games content ratings on Softonic
- Characters turn transparent while sneaking to simulate the fact they are hidden. We are testing this new option, and we plan to use it also for spells or other situations
- Added "pterosaur services" for travelling between cities. There is one beastmaster in each major town which rents pterosaurs for travel
- Made shields functional. They are now part of the combat calculation, and allow real blocking of hits
- Improved the way NPCs chase an opponent by using generated paths (navmeshes) for navigation. This is a major improvement to combat and allows them to walk around obstacles
- Weather has been known to be cause of crashes on certain hardware, mainly intel chips and to slow down gameplay. It's now possible to disable weather effects from pslaunch! Be sure to enable it and test if it works for you before giving up on it!
- Added improved snow effect. Snow now shows on ground! Start humming a Christmas song :)
- Added the new Klyros city Amdeneir! It's actually one quarter of the city, which is located to the "left" of hydlaa, for now reacheable only by pterosaur travel
- Added animations for attacking with bows on all characters
- Added a new progress bar for crafting
- Fixes and updates:
- Changed item dropping and allowed arbitary rotations in all directions. This will allow better customization of guildhouses and events! To rotate, you have to hold the right mouse button and drag the mouse, or do the same by pressing shift
- Removed the gossip channel from the Main tab in the chat window. The Main tab is supposed to be In Character and the gossip channel was polluting too much the text. Be sure to clear your old settings, or the gossip will stay there
- Fixed rain
- The view window of an armor now shows its stats
- The view window of containers now shows the weight
- Ability to disable active magic window notification
- Removed need to specify a resource for dig/harvest/fish
- There is a new auto-refusal option for marriage proposals in options
- Failing to cast a spell may have a negative effect now
- Support for automatic execution of commands upon logging in
- Configurable tab completion. You can now speficy a set of additional words to be used in the autocompletion in the chat window
- Improved the way the server handles randomized and creative items (saving memory)
- Alliance channel may be added to main now as well
- Sort item categories by name in merchant/storage windows
- Added few new idle animations to stonebreaker female and ynnwn female
The developer requests that users use the torrent download links provided to save bandwidth.
- Completely free to play
- Lots of depth and online players
- No budgetary constraints
- Prone to bugs and crashes
- Not fully completed yet
- Complex and requires study before playing
"PlaneShift is like a godsend."
If you're a Mac owner and like your MMORPGs to be 3D, then this game is a godsend for those of you who don't have money to spare. I had enough trouble finding a free MMORPG that was 3D, let alone one that was Mac-compatible. To be honest, I didn't think one could exist. But then I found PlaneShift. My only major complaint is that it is frustratingly difficult for beginners to get a handle on. It takes a long time to complete quests because you can't teleport to different locations — you need to walk. It takes a long time and it's easy to get lost.
The Softonic review is for version 0.4.03, but the current version is 0.5.4, which doesn't require you to log on regularly to "avoid being destroyed" (was this ever true? It's news to me). I've never played 0.4.03 so I don't know how much it differs from the current version, but either way this game has incredible potential. I can see it gaining celebrity status at some point in its future.
- Realistic in its complexity
- Graphics are pretty good
- Tons of NPCs to interact with and get quests from (I often see more NPCs than players)
- The world is incredibly vast and there are always new things to discover (although on the other hand this makes it easy to get lost, which may deter some from exploring the game's depth)
- Good music (several tracks, not overly distracting)
- Starts out as 9 parts frustration to 1 part fun, and it takes an incredibly long time to advance far enough that the game becomes more fun than frustration
- Even in the non-roleplaying server, internet speak is often altered to more &quot;roleplay-appropriate&quot; wording, and even mild swearing is replaced with symbols (which makes it seem like you said something worse than what you actually said)
- Takes forever to get anywhere, very easy to get lost
- The quests feel more like chores than adventures
- 07 Dec 2010
The Elder Scrolls Online has been launched worldwide. It's a massively multiplayer online role playing... See more
Should your kids even be playing video games? Video games are often blamed for violence in the real... See more